Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ernest Carter and The Hymn Trio on Harp Records


Ernest Carter and The Hymn Trio
I Thought Of God
Label : Harp Records


Side 1: --- 12915

1. Stop That Train
2. Blessed Book Of Life
3. Jesus
4. There's A Star Spangled Banner Waving Somewhere
5. To Mom And Dad
6. Voice Of My Savior

Side 2: ---12916

1. Great Red, White And Blue
2. Home Sweet Home
3. Family Bible
4. Wake Me Up, Sweet Jesus
5. Not My Will
6. I Thought Of God


Ernest Carter, left with Zeke Hoskins

In 1962 Ernest Carter formed his first gospel group : "Ernest Carter And The Hymn Trio". The group Included his older brother Cliff, Frank, the youngest of the Carter Brothers and a cousin named "Denzil Ferguson"

Their home base was Germantown, Ohio. where they had a live one hour radio show for 12 years over WPFB Radio in Middletown, Ohio every Saturday from 12 to 1 pm , later changing to an evening broadcast coming from Carter's music store in Germantown, Ohio.

Ernest Carter recorded for Ark, Jalyn, Melody, Harp and numerous other labels, including LPs for Starday's subsidiary Nashville Records.




.

1 comment:

  1. I remember as a pre-teen, going to hear Ernest and the Trio with my family. We loved the songs and music. Is there a way to access the original music in some form? My mom still sings some of the songs in church. I would love to hear it again. This brings back good old memories. I wonder where everyone is today. Ricky Todd joined the group later and I had a crush on him at the time.

    ReplyDelete