Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Larry RICHARDSON - LP "Walking And Talking With My Lord"




Larry RICHARDSON
- LP - "Walking And Talking With My Lord"


Rite # 33247/33248 - [1974]



Larry Richardson

Route 3
King, N.C.


01 - Walking And Talking With My Lord
02 - My Latest Sun Is Sinking Fast
03 - Are You Washed In The Blood
04 - When I Thank Him For What He Has Done
05 - I'm Using My Bible For A Road Map
06 - Gone
07 - I Heard My Mother Call My Name In Prayers
08 - What A Friend We Have In Jesus
09 - Matthew
10 - When The Saints Go Marching In
11 - One Step More
12 - I Saw The Face Of Jesus

Excerpt from the Larry Richardson's obituary published by The Bluegrass Blog :
Former Blue Grass Boy Larry Richardson passed away on Fathers Day, June 17, [2007] after a six-month long battle with colon cancer. He died peacefully in his sleep at his home in Lake Butler, Florida.

Born August 9, 1927, in the Galax area of Virginia, Richardson was a highly-rated old style mountain banjo player, someone who epitomised the early days of bluegrass music. He was from the old school of lead/tenor singers, crystal clear and high and real lonesome. Also, as can be heard on his work with the Lonesome Pine Fiddlers, he was a talented lead guitarist.

He penned Don’t Forget Me, the perennially popular Pain in My Heart, Will I Meet Mother in Heaven and Lonesome, Sad and Blue with Bobby Osborne, each of which was recorded in March 1950 while the duo were with the Lonesome Pine Fiddlers. These recordings are also found on an album in Rounder’s Early Days Of Bluegrass series, Vol. 3 - New Sounds Ramblin’ from Coast to Coast.

Richardson worked with Bill Monroe during the 1950-1951 period.

Acknowledgements : track list and sound clip (track 10) are from The Friends Of Old Time Music blog, where the whole audio is available, as well of a lot of good old music.

No comments:

Post a Comment